Friday, April 3, 2009

Work at home

Great topic to post about when the last post was a lifetime ago!

But that is exactly my point… Why has it been so long since my last post? Because my motivation for blogging was non-existent. It came second place to everything else going on in my life. I can honestly say that everthing else was more important than this blog - it must have been otherwise I would have posted more often.

In my last blog post I stated that I was working on a series of posts. This was totally true and they are still partially completed and saved here as drafts to remind me of what I should have done!

Thinking about why this became a big blog FAIL for me, I realise that these “series of posts” was too big a milestone for a baby blog like this (and a newb blogger like me) - I was trying to be too formal in my approach to writing and this simply didn’t suit me - so I just buried my head in the sand and just wrote it off as another failed project. I also work full-time and have three wonderful children so making the time for blogging appeared difficult and the income from my day job removed some of the urgency from my goal of working from home for myself.

As I have said, these draft series of posts are still around and will remain in their draft status for for some time. The articles will be re-written and published, just not as part of a regimented series.

But back to the title of the post - Keeping Motivated! I’ve a new personal motivation for blogging, this isn’t to say that I wasn’t motivated before (initially anyway), but in laying down what I want and how, in small steps, I want to achieve this has helped me find new motivation for blogging and in turn, making money from working from home.

Just because you fail the first time, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t try again - just take a good long hard look at why you failed the first time and work towards making sure that it doesn’t happen again!

No comments:

Post a Comment